Health & Nutrition
Showing & Breeding
Discussion & General Information
- Swedish Vallhunds Yahoo! group - fun, friendly and informative discussion group.
- Rottweiler.net - Rottweiler-specific forum, but with many, many extremely knowledgeable dog people, which makes for a very educational forum for all kinds of general dog information.
(links go mostly to Dogwise, but most of these books are available in any large bookstore or online)
- The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson (this book completely changed the way I thought about dogs, I think it should be required reading for all dog owners and dog lovers, it's a fascinating book which really helps you understand how dogs think and learn, why they behave the way they do, and how you can change behaviour effectively)
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell (a great book that helps a lot with understanding how to communicate effectively with dogs, and also helps you improve your relationship with dogs)
- Bones Would Rain From the Sky by Suzanne Clothier (a wonderful book about dog-human relationships, some great training insights as well)
- Don't Shoot The Dog! by Karen Pryor (a classic clicker training book, also helps a lot with understanding dog and human behaviour and motivations, a must-read)
- Click for Joy! by Melissa Alexander (a great introduction to clicker training, very practical and well-explained. Melissa also runs the ClickerSolutions website and mailing list)
- Before & After Getting Your Puppy by Ian Dunbar (a great book about basic puppy training, including crate training, housetraining, socialization and basic manners - not just for puppies, either!)
- The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller (great training book)
- Dogwise (great for any and all dog-related books and videos)
- Clean Run (agility supplies, treats, Clean Run agility magazine, crates, books, videos, toys, everything)